I am really proud to announce a brand new project that I have been working on for the last few months: FuelBooks. A new series of eBooks published by Peachpit and available for just $5.00 a title.
Each one of the titles (there are currently 7 with more being added all the time) covers a single subject and is filled with practical advice and the information you need to get started right away with capturing great images. My first two title deal with photographing fireworks and pet portraits.
Photographing Fireworks: The Right Gear, Location, and Techniques for Capturing Beautiful Images
In Photographing Fireworks, author and photographer Alan Hess teaches you how to capture stunning photos of fireworks displays, offering helpful tips to guide you in the field. Alan covers the equipment setup that you’ll need to snap the perfect shot, as well as the fundamentals of exposure and composition. He shares the trick to getting just the right amount of exposure–a key factor in shooting the light trails of fireworks against the night sky–walking you through using the manual exposure and bulb settings on your camera. Finally, he discusses practical considerations for shooting such an ephemeral and challenging subject in crowds and at night, and how to get the best shots you can during the finale of a show.
Follow along with Alan Hess and you will:
- Learn to use your camera’s settings to get the perfect exposure to capture fireworks and other light trails
- Get tips to ensure that you find the best location, orientation, and aperture adjustment for your images
- Gain practical on-the-ground strategies for before, during, and at the end of the show
You can buy it HERE
My second Fuel Book is:
Pet Portraits That Stand Out: Creating a Classic Photograph of Your Cat or Dog
In Pet Portraits That Stand Out, author and photographer Alan Hess shows how to capture beautiful portraits of your dog—or, if you are really brave, your cat. He begins by covering your basic gear and portrait setup needs, recommending budget-friendly options. He then discusses the importance of light and demonstrates how a simple black backdrop offers the most flexibility in terms of where to take your images. He provides practical tips for working with and posing your pet while shooting—a pair of helping hands with a favorite treat makes taking a great photo a whole lot easier! And finally, he shares key techniques for editing your images in Photoshop and Photoshop Lightroom to create the perfect smartphone wallpaper.
Follow along with Alan, and you will learn how to:
- Establish the perfect portrait setup in advance, including gear, lighting, and a striking black background, to best capture your pet’s unique personality
- Create a relaxing shooting environment for your pet based on budget-friendly recommendations for the necessary gear
- Edit your images in Photoshop and Photoshop Lightroom and format your pet portraits to share with family and friends
You can buy it HERE
You can check out the all the FuelBooks right here: FuelBooks
As an added bonus, I am going to be on the Peachpit Photo Club on Tuesday, September 10. I will be discussing how I came up with the pet portraits idea and walking through the basics outlined in the eBook. To sign up for the webinar or just to get more information, Go HERE
Look forward to seeing you all there.