In the past few weeks, I have received quite a few emails from photographers wanting to know how to get credentials to photograph the Warped Tour 2014. I thought it would be simpler to just write a blog post about it that answer all the individual emails.
The first thing that you have to realize is that the press credentials for the whole tour is handled by the same PR company. Here are the basics that you need to know:
- You must be on editorial assignment with an outlet (print, online, TV) that publishes music coverage.
- Twitter/Facebook/Flickr/Tumblr pages are not considered as eligible.
- Photography websites or photographers looking to build a portfolio will not be credentialed.
- Photographers must have professional grade equipment. iPhone/camera phones will not be permitted in the photo pits.
- Your website must be active with current music coverage (updated within the last 2 months).
- If you meet the above requirements, you will be required to fill out a press request form when they become available in early 2014.
As of right now, the press form is not available yet. All this information is right here: http://vanswarpedtour.com/info/media
If you want to photograph the Vans Warped Tour now is the time to start looking for local outlets in your market who will want coverage of the show.
More information when the tour kicks off…..